Title III Grant
Increasing the Integration of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
Silver Lake College of the Holy Family has been awarded a $2 million Title III, Part A Strengthening Institution grant from the U.S. Department of Education. The funding began on October 1, 2008, and runs over the course of five years. The specific activity funded by the grant is Increasing the integration of the liberal arts and professional studies.
Goals & Objectives
The goals and objectives of the activity come directly from four of the College's five strategic initiatives and the strategic plan. The four goals the project will address are:
- the College will fully develop and clearly articulate the concept of an integrated curriculum to its internal and external constituencies where the liberal arts and professional studies can thrive together as the heart of the academic enterprise;
- the College will commit to placing the right people in the right positions to best carry out the mission and vision;
- the College will create a culture that makes service to students a priority; and,
- the College will grow in enrollment and in financial resources.
The implementation strategies to achieve the goals and objectives are:
- to strengthen the informational technology infrastructure and implement an IT system that supports the College's growth and expansion;
- to institutionalize a comprehensive professional development model that prepares all College personnel for 21st Century IT and instructional technology;
- to create a liberal arts competency assessment system that measures where and when the College's liberal arts competency are integrated into learning
- to create an institutional research system that analyzes and applies data to planning, budgeting, and responds to future educational needs learners; and,
- to institutionalize an experiential learning system that enables every student to have access to an experiential learning opportunity and faculty to have access to an externship opportunity to apply discipline-related theory to practical applications.