- Adult Education
- Graduate Program
- Special Education
- Licensure Programs
- Post Degree Teachers seeking Add-on License
Post Degree/Add-on License Requirements
Individuals who hold a current initial or professional educator teaching license in Wisconsin and are adding a special education license:
- Follow the college requirements for acceptance to the college.
- Meet all the Teacher Education Program requirements with the exception of the PPST and the formal interviews for entrance and student teaching, and all Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction requirements, policies, and procedures for obtaining an add-on license.
- Complete all required courses for the specific licensure area and any level-specific courses. An individual transcript evaluation determines if any previous coursework fulfills the competencies in the required courses.
- Complete a minimum of one full semester of student teaching at the specific level in the licensure area. If a student is currently employed in the area and level in which they are seeking licensure, the student is considered “on-job” and may be eligible to complete the student teaching requirement in their place of employment with permission of the faculty advisor and the school administrator. If the student is not currently employed in the area and level in which they are seeking licensure, the student will need to complete the student teaching requirement under the supervision of a cooperating teacher.
Initial Special Education License Course Requirements *
Complete all Cross Categorical and Categorical Special Education course requirements as indicated for licensure option at graduate level (Minimum of 18 credits must be taken for graduate credit).
Complete Master of Arts in Special Education Course requirements (15 graduate credits minimum).
* 33 credits of the total credits must be graduate credits