- Adult Education
- Graduate Program
- Education Administrative
- Curriculum and Delivery
Curriculum and Delivery
Curriculum: Competency Based
The curriculum is organized around two sets of competencies which are designed to meet the Silver Lake College requirements for a Master's Degree in Education and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction requirements for the respective administrative licenses.
- Common Core: meet the general Wisconsin administrator licensing requirements
- Licensure: meet the specific requirements for the desired licensure.
The program is delivered via a combination of weekend seminars, practicum experiences, and individualized study and research. Extensive use of the internet is required both for research and for communications with advisors and instructor-mentors.
- Seminar sessions: These provide topical presentations and discussions to help meet various competency requirements. Core topics are offered in a two year cycle.
- Practicum experiences: Practicum experiences provide candidates with an opportunity to put theory into practice throughout their program of study.
- Guided research and study and practice for each competency: This component is facilitated by an instructor-mentor, who directs the candidate's work.