- About Silver Lake College
- Campus Security
- Health and Safety Information
- Health and Counseling Center
No matter how well you plan sometimes sickness or an injury still happens. To help ease some of your worries about obtaining health care as a student, Silver Lake College now offers Student Health and Counseling Services in cooperation with Holy Family Memorial.
Where is the Student Health Center?
The Silver Lake College Student Health Center is located at Holy Family Memorial's Harbor Town Campus in the Work Health Options office, 1650 S. 41st Street in Manitowoc. View map >>
Although you do not need an appointment, it is preferred that you call ahead if possible at 920-320-4660. You will need to bring your validated Silver Lake College Student Photo ID card and your insurance card.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Call My Nurseline at 1-888-580-5249 to speak to a registered nurse who will direct you to the appropriate health care provider for your ailment.
Who will I see at the Center?
Upon arrival at the Student Health and Counseling Center, you will be seen by a registered occupational health nurse. Depending on your condition, you may be directed to a physician.
Services Offered at the Student Health Center and Work Health Options:
- Simple fracture care
- Minor cuts and burns
- Typical migraine headaches
- Ear infections
- Cough, cold, flu, sore throat
- Simple wound infections
- Annual GYN exam and pap smear
- Treatment and appropriate referral for communicable disease
You can also receive your immunizations and TB skin tests at the Student Health Center.
What if I'm depressed, anxious or stressed and I need to talk to someone?
Go to Tamarack Behavioral Health Center, where a professional trained to help with emotional or alcohol/drug related problems will determine if you need further help. Call 920-320-8600 for a confidential appointment. View map >>
Monday through Thursday: 8 AM to 8 PM
Friday: 8 AM to 5 PM
Call My Nurseline at 1-800-704-0183 for treatment options.
For more information contact Jan Algozine, Director of Career Resources, Internships and Residence Life at Silver Lake College at 920-686-6192 or email@example.com.
Additional Medical Resources
- Holy Family Memorial website - www.hfmhealth.org
- Walk-In Care at Harbor Town, a clinic of Holy Family Memorial, 1650 S. 41st Street, Manitowoc
- Holy Family memorial Emergency Services Department located at 2300 Western Avenue, Manitowoc, the most comprehensive emergency services in the area with full-time physicians and RNs specializing in emergency care
- Check www.MyStudentHealthZone.com, which contains health information from 40 health encyclopedias.
- Call My Nurseline: 1-800-704-0183